Sunday, February 15, 2009

Living and Dining Rooms




The first pic is taken from the front door. The doorway in the dining room leads to the breezeway/florida room that separates the house from the garage.

The two rooms are open to one another which is nice. While generally, I'm not overly fond of "open concept" rooms that are so popular these days, I do like these rooms open to one another. I make a mess in the kitchen and I like the option of closing off and hiding my mess. The pocket door allows me to do this easily.

The brick on the fire place was ugly red color and that clashed with the red that I had originally painted the living room. You can see the color it used to be in the mural over the mantle. We also tiled over the ugly terra cotta hearth with a nice slate subway tile.

No comments:

Post a Comment